Recommend me a Wah!

All wah-wah related topics

Moderator: pedalman

Recommend me a Wah!

Postby natthu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:35 am

Over the years I have owned hundreds of different effects pedals, however, just last week I decided to learn some Hendrix, Voodoo Chile to be precise. It was then that I realised a few things: 1) I need a wah pedal, 2) that I have never actually owned or used a wah, and because of this: 3) I know nothing about the differences between the many models of wah available.

My research has led me to mainly Dunlop Crybaby wahs and Vox wahs. Also there is a new Vox Wah (V845) coming out soon which is supposedly being built to original Hendrix-era specs. I figure I'll try to find some shops which stock a few wah pedals so I can try them out.

I am looking mainly for a Hendrix sound. Does anyone have any specific wah recommendations?

Re: Recommend me a Wah!

Postby Joske Turbo » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:49 pm

I have a standard Cry Baby and it does the Hendrix sound very good for me. I do also use it a lot for Morrello's stuff on Bulls on Parade and other RATM tracks. Maybe the Vox is a little more Hendrix like, I don't know, never played one.

Postby natthu » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:34 am

Hey Joske, Thanks for the reply... is your Crybaby the one with a fasel inductor or just the normal one?

Postby Joske Turbo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 am

It's a normal one, the GCB-95. I never tried one with the Fasel, it must sound great.

Postby zerksies » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:55 pm

i don't use one.or own one anymore, everytime that i use it i have a feeling to play voodoo chile

Return to Wah-wah discussions